Company: Modern Piping, Inc.
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Position Description: Computer-Aided Designers use CAD equipment and software to provide support to project managers and engineers by preparing routine layouts, detail drawings, assembly drawings, sketches and diagrams.
- Create 3D Model details and assemblies to verify and document design
- Create 2D Detail, assemble drawings used by manufacturing
- Design mechanical systems based on architectural drawings and material specifications
- Assist in interpretation of drawings and specifications
- Participate in print reviews and make all appropriate changes and ensure drawings are accurate
- Ensure all needed information such as dimensions, tolerances, materials are accurate
- Prepare all release documentation
- Sets up and maintains an organized file system for production drawings
- Communicate and interface with people throughout the company in an effective and professional manner
- Has technical, professional and business knowledge to work independently or with supervision, as needed
- Generate isometric and lay in drawings for fabrication and field use
- Provide technical support for fabrication and field operations
- Collaborate with field operations supervisors to make design changes
- Other duties or projects as required or assigned
- Ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of Basic AutoCad, Autodesk Fabrication CADMep 2014, Naviswoks Manage, and Revit MEP
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks to meet project deadlines
- Attention to accuracy and detail with the ability to find errors and make corrections
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree in Drafting Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 2 years experience creating 3D detail
- Minimum of 2 years experience creating 2D detail
- Must be able to work in high pressure situations facing strict deadlines
- Most time will be in the office, but some trips to job sites and customer locations are required
- Must be familiar with job site safety requirements and be prepared to wear a hard hat, work boots and safety glasses at potentially dangerous job sites
- Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test
Hours: Full-time (40 hours weekly), Monday thru Friday during normal business hours.
Company Description: Modern Piping, Inc. has been in business since 1939 and is a full-service mechanical contractor with operations throughout the Midwest. We specialize in plumbing, piping and HVAC/R service for industries ranging from small commercial offices to large industrial plants. Modern Piping, Inc. provides a competitive employment package (health insurance, 401k, short and long-term disability) and a fast-paced, fun environment.